Well got the body sitting on the chassis, still need some more clearance trimming in the trunk and need to work on mounting the rubber seal for the suspension intrusion into the trunk, I also started working on a design for a new fuel tank to house two GM ZL1 fuel modules that will be controlled by a Vaporworx duel pump controller to provide enough fuel for 800+HP using off the shelf GM fuel Modules
The chassis came of the jig this last weekend and is now officially a roller, still needs a little work to be 100% complete. but is complete enough to start fitting the body to the chassis. it has been to long it seems since this was a rolling chassis prior to making the decision to install the IRS. ride height is set and I will work on fitting the body in the next few weeks. I will loose a good portion of the trunk for the cantilever suspension… but who cares its a race car….
Finished my prototype brackets to fit the 2013 ZL1 front brakes on the Chevelle today, we already have ZL1 brakes on the IRS rear and i wanted to keep the same brakes on the front. While the location is almost perfect. I need to re-machine them using a thicker piece of material so we can move the caliper about .075 towards the rotor.
Made just a little more progress on the IRS Cantilever last night… Got the mounting holes for the coil over remote canisters drilled and mounted and started working on a fixture plate for the mill so I can drill and tap some horizontal holes in some of the bars to finish all the mounting of the bars, got the main bars chambered as well..
I am slowly chipping away at the IRS for the Chevelle, We have a final design for the Cantilever setup, I have all the pieces ordered and all the raw material in house. I will start making chips on the mill soon as I get a small break from life and can spend some time on the car. The cantilever arms are currently being water-jet cut from 4130 Chromemoly plate and should be here next week. the only thing missing in the pictures here is the big 40x21x1/2 inch Aluminum main plate which is at my buddy’s shop since its to big to fit on my mill…
Made some progress on a lot of things on the car, just haven’t had time to post up changes on the website. so here are some shots of the progress on my custom dash I am currently building.
The main gauge bezel was designed in solid-works and then printed on my friends Maker-bot 3D printer. because of the small print area of the printer i ended up having to print the bezel in multiple pieces and then epoxying them together. Over all I am quite happy with the outcome and is a one of a kind piece. I am still working on additional pieces for the dash, Vent bezels, A/C control bezels, etc… When I get around to printing them I will post up some pictures of the progress on the dash.